Bay Area has has a wide variety of shopping places. There is a little something for every budget. Up in San Francisco, you will find everything from small local thrift stores to stylish boutique stores to vintage clothing stores to high end malls. The city is always brimming with new stores and sales and it isn’t uncommon to see enthusiastic shoppers (locals and tourists) alike, walking around with tons of shopping bags.
Apart from San Francisco, the rest of the Bay Area also has a lot of shopping options. From humble stores in suburban strip malls to outlet stores to big shopping malls, Bay Area has it all. The two most popular outlet shopping malls are The Gilroy Premium Outlet Mall and The Livermore Valley Premium Outlet Mall. Gilroy outlet mall has been around for a while. The Livermore Valley Outlet Mall opened in 2012 and has drawn huge crowds since then. The Livermore mall has more premium brands than the Gilroy mall.
Apart from these outlet malls, there are many popular shopping malls in the Bay Area. Here are some of the best ones:
1) Westfield Mall, San Francisco : This mall is situated right in the center of all the hustle and bustle of the city and is just 3 blocks away from Union Square. This mall is a favorite amongst tourists because of its convenient location. It is one of the countries largest urban malls.
2) Stanford Shopping Mall, Palo Alto: This mall is located in the elite Palo Alto area and serves the elite neighboring areas Woodside, Atherton and Menlo Park. It is a more spread out mall and is less crowded compared to all other Bay Area malls. It is known to be the “classiest” mall in the Bay Area because of its clientele.
3) Santana Row and Westfield Valley Fair Mall , San Jose : Santana Row and Valley Fair malls are across the street to each other but are considered as San Jose’s shopping capital. Santana Row is known for its high end stores and fine dining restaurants and bars.Santana Row is always buzzing with activity and has a very “Vegas like” vibe to it. Valley Fair mall is a more traditional shopping mall housing a large number of high end brand names and regular brands all under one roof. It is supposed to be one of the largest, busiest and most profitable malls in Northern California.
4) Great Mall of The Bay Area, Milpitas : This mall is one big mix of high-end and bargain shopping. It is quite the opposite of the Stanford Shopping Mall. Inside tis humungous mall are stores of all kinds and it is almost always packed with people looking for a deal or a bargain. It can be quite a nightmare during holiday season. If you have the patience and stamina to scour all the stores in here and look for bargains, you will end up with some pretty good deals.
5) Stoneridge Mall, Pleasanton : This mall was the go-to mall for people in the Pleasanton and surrounding East Bay cities before the Livermore Valley Outlet Mall opened up. It still has a loyal clientele. It is a fairly huge mall and has a wide variety of brands and stores.
There are so many more places to get your shop on in the Bay Area. These are just a few places to start